So, what can I do?
One of the easiest actions you can take is to spend some time thinking about the journeys you take and whether any of them could be replaced by more sustainable modes of transport. Even small changes add up, especially when lots of people are making these changes. Why not try some of these?
- Walk or cycle for short journeys e.g. to the shop, school, or to work.
- Work from home where you can.
- Park a street away from where you need to be and walk the rest.
- Reduce the amount of trips you need to take by allocating one day per week/month to do all of your errands together.
- Arrange to car share where it is safe to do so, following Covid-19 guidance.
- Make use of your local shops before taking a trip to Forfar or Dundee when buying groceries. You can visit our Local Food Directory (coming soon!) to see what’s available in Kirrie and the surrounding area. I bet there’s more than you think!
The good news is that travelling actively actually makes us feel better, and building cycling or walking into your day-to-day life means that you don’t need to find additional time to keep fit; it’s a win, win!
There are lots of places around Kirrie that you can park your bike, with more being added all the time. Have a look through our gallery below to see where there are bike racks in Kirrie. Have we missed any? Please let us know and we’ll add them in!