Sustainable Kirriemuir is committed to respecting the privacy rights of our staff, volunteers and supporters. We comply with data protection laws at all times and have set out this Privacy Notice to explain what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we protect it, and to explain your rights.
Personal Data we Collect
We collect personal data and process it for a number of purposes:
Members: We collect data through paper-based or online application forms, including your name, e-mail address, contact details, areas of interest and skills and communication preferences so we can contact you with relevant information about news and events.
Email Newsletter Subscribers: If you choose to subscribe to the Sustainable Kirriemuir monthly e-newsletter through a membership form, other forms or directly through online newsletter subscription form we collect your first name, surname and email address. This will only be used to send you the e-newsletter. Newsletter software we use also collects data on subscribers’ activity relating to each newsletter which we use to ensure that it is relevant to the readers and to produce anonymised reports to our stakeholders and funders.
Competition/raffle Entries: Competition and raffle entrants will be asked to provide name and contact details (email, phone or address) to inform you about competition results.
Project Participants: We will collect personal data such as name, contact details and postcodes for the purpose of recruiting Sustainable Kirriemuir project participants and enabling their participation in the project. Any additional data collected during the delivery and monitoring of the project will be anonymised for purposes of reporting to Sustainable Kirriemuir stakeholders and project funders.
Email: If you choose to contact us via any of the official email addresses with an extension of @sustainablekirriemuir.co.uk this information will be stored on password- protected personal mobile devices or computers. Access is limited to individuals responsible for monitoring the particular address.
How we Protect your Data
We are committed to keeping your data secure. We store any data provided through our website and through registration forms in secure computer systems that only authorised staff and volunteers have access to. Where paper copies of personal data exist (e.g. completed membership forms) they are stored in a secure location that can only be accessed by designated Sustainable Kirriemuir staff and committee members.
How we Use your Data
We use your data for several reasons To provide information, support and services to you; To subscribe you to our mailing list and send you relevant information by e-mail; To monitor our projects’ success and report back to our funders.
When and How we might Share your Data
We will never sell your personal data; We share your data in aggregate and anonymised format from membership forms, online visitor stats on our website and Facebook, e-newsletter and data collected from project participants to report on our project progress to stakeholders and project funders; We share your data with third party data processors who provide online services we rely on, e.g. Mailchimp. We ensure all those processors are compliant with GDPR.
How Long we Keep your Data
We only keep your data for as long as we need to. More specifically:
- Sustainable Kirriemuir member registration records – we will retain this data until you inform us that you wish to take your name off our member register;
- Newsletter subscription – we will retain this data until you unsubscribe. You can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter to do so or contact us directly;
- Competition/raffle entries data will be deleted as soon as the participants are notified of the awards;
- Project participant data will be deleted after the project and associated reporting is complete.
Legal Basis for Using your Data
We generally rely on your consent to use your personal data in relation to monitoring website usage and sending you direct e-mails through our mailing list, information or support should you choose to contact us directly through our website. We also process your data because it is in our legitimate interests that we do so, namely:
- Promoting and advertising Sustainable Kirriemuir projects.
- Sending information to you by e-mail or text message about events and fundraising activities.
- Protecting Sustainable Kirriemuir, our people, members, project participants, funders, partners and clients/customers/service users by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts.
- Maintaining Sustainable Kirriemuir member records as required by funders or governing bodies.
- Fulfilling our duties to our members and service users.
Your Legal Rights
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you;
- The right to ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to opt out of any promotional communications that we may send you.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewing and Changing How we use Data
How to Find Out More or to Make a Complaint
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK – please visit their website to see how you can do that www.ico.org.uk/concerns or Tel: 0303 123 1113.